Oh, the life of a professor's wife. :-) I feel like every week we add a new day to the weekend. Usually it's Mondays. This week, we added Friday. We started by seeing a movie - pretty much a norm for us. BTW, The Box? It's terrible. Do not waste your money and time seeing this movie. I like to think I'm pretty sharp, but I am apparently not smart enough to understand the plot or even the point of that movie. However, we also watched New in Town, a cute story about a girl from the south moving to Minnesota...sound familiar? Of course, she moved to Middle-of-Nowhere, MN while I live much closer to a big city so a lot was different about our situations, but it was still funny. They filmed it in Canada, so it actually looks much colder than Minnesota generally is...at least so far. I have informed Kevin that if the temp ever drops to 50 degrees below, I'm heading south for the winter. That's a level of cold that I never want to experience.
We're grilling tonight! It may be one of the last times we get to grill, so we're going all out. Dad's special steak. It involves marinating your steak for 2-3 days in a mixture of pineapples, ginger, teriyaki, soy sauce, and onions. It is, quite frankly, the best steak I have ever eaten. Special thanks to my Dad, who has recently become a master chef. He's come a long way since the days of Dad's special hot dogs: a hot dog stuffed with pickles and mustard covered in american cheese and thrown into a toaster oven. Sounds delicious, huh? :-P It should be a great day of college football and grilling. GO HOGS!
Much love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tell your dad I think he is a wonderful man, but his Hot Dog Surprise sounds terrible. Though it sounds 10 times better than the salzberry steak my dad use to feed us when my mom was out of town. You know the salzberry steak you get in the cheapest frozen food dinner you can find. The one that smells like it tastes bad before you even put in the microwave and then makes the whole house stink for hours. Yea that is the salzberry steak my dad thought was great and fed us all the time.
ReplyDeletePS He will deny this if you ask but it is true.
I want this steak marinade recipe please! :o)
ReplyDelete