Just some funny things I heard/learned today on the coldest day we've had here so far...BRR!
"I've noticed a lot of people (at work) in sweaters. I just don't think I can rock the Mr. Rogers look..." - Kevin
"So I was thinking about how it got cold today, and then I remembered you live in Minnesota. It's been nice knowing you." - Emily Messner to Kevin on facebook
People in the south teach their kids that it is polite to say "Yes, ma'am" and "Yes, sir"; people in the north teach their kids that it is polite to stomp the snow off their shoes before entering a store. I noticed like 15 kids stop to do it in the store today then glance proudly at their parents for a "Good job!" or pat on the head. So cute! :-)
Rob: Was it your car that died yesterday?
Me: Yes - the battery was completely dead.
Rob: *laughs* We laughed all day about how southern you are. I bet you don't even plug your car in?
Me: I don't even know what that means.
Rob: *laughs hysterically and walks away...without explaining how to plug in your car*
Me: The high for the next 10 days is 28 degrees! That's below freezing! And that's the high!
Dad: *laughs* I'm sorry! *laughs some more* Wait, let me try that in my serious voice. *pause* I'm so sorry, honey. *laughs* I just couldn't do it. You know, we bought you a snuggie to help with this... *snickers*
Me: Oh, shut up.
"It doesn't really matter how cold it is - it's not like we leave the house. Man...we're so old and married and lame." - Kevin :-P
Apparently, good realtors continue to send really nice things even after you buy your house - like incredibly nice wreaths full of real pine that fill your home with amazing Christmas smells. I realize that they want you to give their name to anyone you know who is house-hunting or moving to the area. However, I feel the need to tell our realtor that no one we know will ever move here. Seriously...I'm not even sure how we were convinced to move here from the warmth and comfort of the south. We also don't know anyone here. You really should save your wreaths for people who might actually send someone your way. Speaking of my beautiful wreath - when Kevin handed it to me, I said "Oh, look! There's even snow on it!" thinking that someone had sprayed some fake snow on it to make it look even more Christmas-y. Then I touched it. It was actual snow...it sat on our porch for a while. *sigh* Speaking of fake snow...why do they sell it here? And they do...I saw some in Wal*Mart. Anybody?
I saw a large pond (small lake? I really haven't figured out what the different bodies of water are...) completely iced over today. I haven't seen that much ice on a body of water since...ever. Really.
Me: It feels like it's 6 outside...
Mom: Six....teen?
Me: No, just 6. 6 degrees.
Mom: Oh... *laughs*
It was so cold today that the snow didn't stick to anything. It just got blown around. So, it wasn't just snowing in your face; it was windy, so there's really just snow blowing in your face from all directions - from the ground, from the sky, from across the street - IT'S EVERYWHERE!
Customer: We've had such a mild November...we just weren't prepared for this!
Me: You're telling me! This is my first winter here - I'm from Arkansas.
Customer: *gasps* Oh, dear... *pats me on the arm*
"You're going to die here." - Kevin...and he's right. I'm not going to make it.
:-P
Much love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bahahahahahahaha *breathes* hahahahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteOh, northern winters...
And really, how DO you plug your car in? And why would you do that?